Alas, it is that sad, wistful time of the year when you have to admit that your three-week long summer holiday break has well and truly come to an end *sob*. At least I can now reflect on what I/we accomplished in that time (and think longingly of my next break):
This entry was originally posted at salimbol @ dreamwidth. Feel free to comment on either site.
- Re-watched all of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood *and* made Wellington Sister a fan (victory is ours!).
- Discovered The Inbetweeners, an incredibly coarse and funny British comedy series about four hapless teenage boys who are exactly as snarky, pathetic and sex-obsessed as you'd expect. We slammed through all three seasons very quickly indeed, and our shrieks of laughter probably scared the neighbours.
- Re-watched Band of Brothers once more. That's what you want over Xmas, after all - WWII bloodshed and manly bonding.
- Started the tw-drama adaptation of Skip-Beat!, which I'm enjoying (they've managed to translate it quite well to live action, actually - can't wait to see the chicken suit!). Plus that theme song is DAMN catchy - S-O-L-Oooooo!
- Went on a bit of a superhero movie bender and watched: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk (Norton version). We also developed a collective crush on Chris Evans.
- Got a Bluray player for Xmas, and therefore had to buy a lovely big digital TV for the lounge! And, naturally enough, ensue we started a proper side collection of Bluray discs (we are now approaching 20 Bluray disc sets already).
- Spent $400 at the vet's on A) fixing up Taly's terrible chest/nasal congestion, B) getting an abscess on the back of Gus' head seen to, C) two lots of flea stuff for nine cats (sigh) and D) more bags of the special biscuits we have to have for Milo (kidneys) and Duncan and Taly (bladder). Cats are rilly rilly expensive!
- Went nuts in the garden and whipped them into shape; they have possibly never been this tidy. I pruned olive trees into submission! I kicked the butt of rampaging maidenhair ferns and ivy! I am covered in the cuts, bruises, scrapes and eczema to prove it! We now have a lovely new fig tree, a peach tree, a pohutukawa tree, an apple tree, a blueberry bush, more passionfruit vines, pale lemon-green roses, and some marigolds to cap it all off.
- Read a bunch of novels and manga (I most enjoyed Cordwainer Smith's The Discovery of Man, a bit of Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei and the latest volumes of Skip-Beat!), and spent some quality time re-reading Basara and Girl Genius.
- And last but not least, celebrated the 17th anniversary of Senior Cat Milo's arrival (very, VERY important day).